EDITOR, JOURNALIST, BOOK AUTHOR
Editor-in-Chief at the Energy Safety and Energy Economy journal, ISSN 2071-2219
Svetlana Zernes is a member of the Association of Science Editors and Publishers, International Science Writers Association, Association of Women in Science and Education, and International Federation of Journalists. Regular contributor to various print publications.Areas of expertise: power engineering, technology, innovation, research and engineering ethics, publication practices, history of science, futurology.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Harvard University. Certificate in Global Environmental Change, 2015.
- University of California, Berkeley. Certificate in Descriptive Statistics, 2014.
- Mt. San Jacinto College. Certificate in Fundamental English Writing, 2013.
- BBC Trust. Certificate in Reporting the Environment, 2011.
- Saratov State Technical University, Russia. Master’s degree in Engineering, Summa cum Laude. Certificate in Research Administration, 2000.
Workshops and short courses:
- Greenprints, 2015.
- Copyright and Intellectual Property, 2012.
- An International Level Scientific Journal, 2012.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Book of the Year Awards in Educational Literature, 2017.
- The Best Author of Educational Articles, 2012.
- Russian Journalism Contest, diploma, 2011
- The National Environmental Prize, 2009.
- The Energy Olympus Award, 2009.
- Astafiev Prize in Russian Literature, the short list, 2008.
- The Golden Pen of Russia, 2008.
Location: Atlanta, GA